Columbus Castings Environmental Statement
Environmental Mission Statement
Columbus Castings (CC) believes that a proactive approach to management of our environmental affairs makes sense from the standpoint of our personal health and welfare, AND that of our business. We are committed to adhering to high standards of environmental quality and to providing a workplace that protects the health and safety of our employees and the communities surrounding our facility. To carry out these commitments, in a technically sound and cost effective manner, it is the policy of CC to:
- Conduct all operations in compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Design, construct, and operate our facility in a manner that protects the health and safety of our employees, neighboring communities, and the environment.
- Implement effective programs for self monitoring, assessing, and reporting to ensure compliance and continuous improvement in the pursuit of environmental excellence.
- Exercise innovation in our manufacturing processes and our products to minimize the generation of waste and the release of contaminants into the environment.
- Ensure, through management support and training, that employees understand and accept responsibility for incorporating environmental quality in their conduct of business.
- Work with all levels of government in the development and implementation of equitable and effective environmental, health, and safety laws, rules, regulations, policies, and guidelines.
- Employ an Environmental Management System that maximizes operational flexibility to enhance our competitiveness.